Double-degree Joint Program with ISCTE-IUL
Shanghai Maritime University (SMU) and Lisbon University Institute (ISCTE-IUL) have signed an agreement for a double degree joint program (“1+1+1” Double Degree Joint Program Agreement), aiming to train international, inter-disciplinary, high-quality logistics and control professionals with overseas education background.
1. About ISCTE-IUL
ISCTE-IUL is the only comprehensive university in Portugal offering a full range of degree education. Being Portugal’s biggest and top university, its global academic influence is growing enormously. An independent university, it is directly under the Ministry of Science and Technology of Portugal, with EU quality certification, meaning ISCTE-IUL and other EU universities recognize students’ credits given by each other. The university is listed in European Universities Recognized by the Chinese Ministry of Education. It has 19 departments, including Construction Science, Applied Technology Science, and Health Industry and Medical Management. The university takes a leading role in Europe for its high-level research in the fields of IoT, smart city, and smart health, and enjoys a high reputation in health industry and medical management research.
2. “1+1+1” Program Schedule
Postgraduate students will complete the first part of courses at SMU in the first year, and finish the second part of courses and thesis writing at ISCTE-IUL in the second year. In the third year, they return to SMU to complete theses for journal publication. Students meeting requirements of both universities will receive a diploma and a degree from SMU and a degree from ISCTE-IUL.
3. Degree Requirements and Title by ISCTE-IUL
1) 24 credits (4 courses);
2) Completion of an English thesis;
3) Participation in supervisor’s projects;
4) Degree Title: Master’s Degree in Telecommunications Engineering and Informatics.
4. Application Requirements
1) Applicants should have a degree in Control Science and Engineering (Control Theory and Control Engineering, Measurement Technology and Automatic Equipment, System Engineering), Logistics Engineering or other related majors;
2) English requirements: IELTS 6.5 or above, CET-6, or other certification of English proficiency in listening, speaking, reading and writing;
3) Computer capability requirements: Students proficient in a programming language are preferred.
5. Application Process
1) Application time: March 3 - May 20, 2019
2) Selection process:
① Qualified postgraduate students of SMU with supervisors’ permission can apply for the double-degree joint program.
② A written test & interview will be organized in mid-April.
Written test: C language programming. (Reference book: Programming in C, Tan Haoqiang, Tsinghua University Press.)
Interview: The interview will be in English to test applicants’ English listening and speaking ability.
③ Successful applicants will be selected according to results of the written test and interview.
3) Enrollment: Successful applicants will leave for Portugal in September each year.
6. Tuition of ISCTE-IUL
1) Students will pay tuition fees for one year’s study in Portugal themselves;
2) They will bear the living and accommodation expenses themselves;
3) They will bear the cost of the return ticket themselves;
4) They will purchase insurance themselves;
5) They can apply for a scholarship for studying abroad (10,000-30,000 RMB).
Application deadline: May 20, 2019
If you are interested in this program, please contact Ms. Hu at the phone number 86-021-3828-4609.